Wednesday, January 1, 2014

I'll Be Watching "The Parade" and, Of Course, Those Bowl Games


I'll be firmly parked in front of that 55-inch HDTV in a little while. That size and color should make the whole Tournament of Roses Parade all the better. And, those floats. Wow! Each one is impressive. And, I am a big-time flower guy. The article I used for the last entries mentions that some of the more intricate floats start construction nine months earlier and that the flowers, all live ones, are hand-placed mostly by volunteers in the hours leading up to the parade.

Liz and I briefly considered going to the Poinsettia Bowl in San Diego the day after Christmas and then just hang around Southern California until Jan. 1st to see the parade, something I really want to do.

Also, I love the horse groups and, of course, the marching bands of which there will be twenty including the Salvation Army Tournament of Roses Marching Band which has been in every parade since 1920.

Another dozen marching bands are from high schools, always a huge honor to march in it. Selections for these are made two years in advance so members can raise money.

Bring It On! --CootertheParadeGuy

No comments: