Monday, June 24, 2024

The 15 Most Legendary Sandwiches in the United States-- Part 1: Italian Beef

From April 2024 My Pure Plants US by Nandor Barta.

1.  Po' Boy, New Orleans, Louisiana  (especially a shrimp po' boy.  But any old po' boy will do.)

2.  Cuban Sandwich, Miami, Florida

3.  Reuben Sandwich

4.  Lobster Roll, New England  (The first time I saw a lobster roll sandwich Liz and I were in Maine on vacation.  A McDonald's had it listed.  I didn't get it though, as I figured if that McDonald's had it then the ones back home would have it.  Plus, we were enjoying the lobster pounds too much in Maine.  Sadly, when I got home, I found out a McDonald's lobster roll was just a regional thing.  But, I have since had one.  Boy did I miss out in Maine.)

5.  Italian Beef, Chicago, Illinois

6,  BLT

7.  Grilled Cheese  (Well, only if you have a nice hot bowl of tomato soup to dip it in.)

Mighty Hongry.  --Cooter


No comments: