Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Chicago Innovations That Changed the World-- Part 7: Pizza, Ferris Wheel, Silo, FermiLinus, TV Debates and Reversing Chicago River

I'll be mostly just listing them the rest of the way. You can see pictures and much more information at the Jan. 12-14, 2014, Chicago Tribune "Chicago Innovations That Changed the World" by James Janega. //// #13. Deep Dish Pizza ( 1947) // #12. The Ferris Wheel (1893) at the World's Columbian Exposition //// #11. THE FARM SILO (1973) I'll write more about this in my next post. It is right here in my town. //// 10. FermiLinus (1998) An alternative to Microsoft. I'd never heard of it before. Sorry, Bill. //// 9. Televised Political Debate (1960) Of course, the famous Kennedy vs, Nixon one. //// 8. Reversing the Chicago River (1900) Great for Chicago. Not so great for those downriver. //// Claims to Fame. --DaCoot

No comments: