Wednesday, November 30, 2011

How I Spent the Day: July 24, 1896-- Part 1

Evidently, my great grandfather got my great grandmother, Minnie Hollowell Prince, to write down what she did on the same date. No wonder he was going multiple times to the school to get stationery.

"I arose at 6:15 oclock. Cleaned up our rooms until the bell rang at 7 oclock announcing breakfast.

After breakfast I finished cleaning up.

Papa had sent me four nice melons and I sent Mrs. Millie Dunn one of them.

John brought the mail. I took my Ladies Home Journal went out on the back porch in the breeze to read did not read but a few minutes when Mrs. R.C. Josey and Mrs. A.E. Taylor came and spent quite a good while with us.

When they left Mrs. Magnum and I went to the kitchen to prepare dinner.

I ate dinner came upstairs. David and I went in Mr. Wilson's room to try to take a nap, it was so warm in our room we could not sleep.

We did not spend the hour sleeping, we spent it talking over the past year, how happy we had been. It has been the happiest year of my life. Not but one thing has happened to mar our happiness and that was the death of our dear Mother.

More to Come.

No comments: