Tuesday, November 29, 2011

David Prince First Anniversary, July 24, 1896-- Part 3

While on our journey we heard Mother was worse, Lonnie met us at _____, Minnie's meeting with her people, especially her Father was almost heart rendering. Soon after we arrived, we went in to see Mother, she knew both of us and as long as I live I shall never forget the happy expression of Minnie's Mother when she saw her loved daughter.

Not many hours passed before the sad message "On earth an angel less, in heaven one more. Mother left us at 12:30. Minnie & David." was sent to our sympathizing friends at Scotland Neck. Words can't express the grief. I shall attempt it, but Minnie's grief was deep and in it thank God I tried to share her trouble. In her grief I learned to love my darling more than I ever had before and I already thought I loved her all I could.

Our return was a sad one, but soon Emma, Minnie's youngest sister, and Mary came and made our little family more cheerful.

Our return

No comments: