Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Chevrolet Turns 100

From the Jack Phelan Chevrolet ad in the November 6th Chicago Tribune.

One of my favorite auto brands, now that Pontiac is gone, is Chevrolet which celebrated the 100th anniversary of its debut this past Thursday, Nov. 3rd.

The ad ran a Chevy Timeline along with one for the auto dealer which opened its doors in Lyons, Illinois, back in 1970.

Right now, I have two Chevy Malibus (2003 and 2011) and have had Chevies off and on throughout the years.

1911-- The Chevrolet brand debuts.
1935-- The Chevy Suburban is introduced.
1950-- Chevy becomes first maker to offer automatic shifting.
1953-- The Chevy Corvette is introduced. (Something I've always wanted, but that will probably never come to pass.)
1975-- Chevy introduces a T-car first, the Chevette. (For some reason, I used to get Corvette confused with Chevette. Hard to believe I did this.))
1979-- Front wheel drive compacts are introduced.
2002-- Corvette celebrates its 50th anniversary.
2011-- The Chevy Volt introduced.
2012-- The Chevy Sonic is introduced.

Happy B-Day, Chevy, Or As My Mother-in-Law Used to Call It, Chivrolet. --Cooter

No comments: