Wednesday, November 30, 2011

A Day in the Life: July 24, 1896-- Part 2

Then Minnie, Mary and I sat around and chatted till after five, Mrs. Mangum having gone to see Mrs. Hancock.

Minnie, Mary and I went over to the School Building and got some stationery for Ruth and Frances. Miss Annie Biggs called about 6 PM and stayed till almost dark, her call made supper late.

I did not enjoy my supper as I had a little head-ache, but it soon passed ___ and I felt very good.

*John brought the mail. I received a letter from Claude H. Wilson.

After talking awhile Minnie and I came up to our room and wrote and talked till about eleven.

Owing to a good breeze, we slept in Claude's room, but did not reach dreamland till after 12 o'clock.

Altogether, we spent a happy day, though it was intensely hot.

David M. Prince
Scotland Neck, N.C.

* John Hamums, our colored waiting boy, all around the house and school boy.

No comments: