Wednesday, November 30, 2011

David Prince First Anniversary, July 24, 1896-- Part 4

This brings us to-day.

Glancing over the pages of the last year, taking our marriage as the beginning, for in truth it was the beginning of life, many sunny days are seen, all happiness, only the rainy days and sadness before referred to marred our happiness. The past year has been the happiest of my life. Not one unkind word has passed between us'

Minnie has made a model little wife and if I know my own heart, I love her more to-night than I did one year ago, and at that time, I loved her with all my heart, but I suppose my heart has grown' Anyway, I know I love her more.

We are expecting a child born to us at any time, and we are happy at the thought . May God grant a blessing on the unborn loved one and the soon-to-be little Mother.

In closing this I must not forget to say that in our happiness we have not forgotten the giver of all our pleasures and may he continue His blessings and God grant that we may be as happy and love Him as well, _____, one year from tonight--through all life.


Thus was my great grandfather David Maybury Prince's account of his first year of marriage from July 24, 1895, to July 12, 1896, over 115 years ago. It is too bad that more people don't take the time to sit down at the end of a year and write about what happened to them. It would sure get their descendants in much closer contact with them.

I learned a lot about him and will write about that later.

No comments: