Friday, April 29, 2011

Dead Page: Music and Lucy

HUEY P. MEAUX, SR., 82

Discovered music artists Doug Sahm and Barbara Lewis and produced Freddy fender's "Before the Next Teardrop Falls." Died April 23rd. Spent 15 years in prison for sex with underage girls.

I can't say much for his private life, but I sure like what he did musically. I'm a big Doug Sahms, Freddy Fender and Barbara Lynn fan. Doug Sahms was with the Sir Douglas Qunintet "She's About a Mover." And he was a big mover in Tejano music, forming the group Texas Tornadoes with Freddy Fender, Augie Meyers and Flaco Jiminez.

Barbara Lynn had big hits with "Hello Stranger," "baby, I'm Yours" and "Make Me Your Baby."


MADELINE PUGH DAVIS, 90

"I Love Lucy" writer. Died April 20th. She and writing partner Bob Carroll, Jr., crafted all the episodes for the CBS TV series for the first four years and were then joined by two other writers.

I'm a big "Lucy" fan.

You've got some 'splainin' to do.

No comments: