Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Dead Page: Teleprompter-- "Poetry Man"-- CDs

Some recent deaths of interest to me.


HUBERT "HUB" SCHLAFLY, 91

Holder of 18 patents and was a key member of the team that invented the teleprompter, died April 20th. Never used one himself until he was 88. What would the president have done without him?


PHOEBE SNOW, 60

Sang "Poetry Man" the breezy, jazzy song. Soon after its release in the 1975, she gave birth to a brain-damaged daughter and gave up her career to take care of her. Died April 26th.

Just try to get that song out of your head now. "I'm you _____ ___."


NORIO OHGA, 81

Former president and chairman of Sony Corporation, Japan. Credited with developing the CD. I love my CDs, although fighting to keep the LP. Those CDs sure are more handy than the LPs. I have thousands of them.


Love My CDs, Right Poetry Man? --Cooter

No comments: