Friday, April 1, 2011

It's Baseball Time Again!!

Yesterday, I watched the Brewer-Reds game at Donovan's Reef in Twin Lakes, Wisconsin. The Brewers are my third favorite team behind #1 White Sox and #2 Cubs.

Sorry to say, a perfectly nice 6-3 Brewer win in the bottom of the 9th was ruined by a walk-off homer. Those losses are sure hard to take, but I did like the Brewers better back in the 80s when they were in the American League. Their '82 World series team is my fifth all-time favorite team.

True Blue Brew Crew as they used to say.

I like the new Miller Field, but didn't see anything wrong with the old County Stadium. But, I do like the roof at Miller which can be open or closed. Watching baseball in the cold is not much fun.

I can remember a lot of games out at the old Comiskey Park back in '83 when I spent large parts of the game in the heated bathrooms back in April and May. Just way too cold to watch a game.

And, the Cubs have their season opener at Wrigley today. I back the Cubbies if they're not playing the Sox. Who knows, with Quade, maybe this will be the year I put my Cub hat on for the first-time ever. Well, wait a minute, I did wear it for Ron Santo's funeral.

The deal is, I'll wear the hat if the Cubs ever get to the World Series, but I may have to amend that to playoffs.

The White Sox open against the Indians in Cleveland today.

I Ain't No Yuppy!! --RoadDog


WHY TEACHERS LOOK LIKE THAT:

Q. What guarantees may a mortgage company insist on?
A. If you are buying a house they will insist that you are well endowed.

No comments: