Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Elvis' Best Friend-- Part 1: "Hi, I'm Elvis Presley"


From the July 4-July 10, 2013, Lake County (Il.) Journal "Elvis' best friend in town" by Jesse Carpender. 

Had you ever been fortunate enough to meet Elvis Presley, here's what would have happened:

"He'd walk right up to you, shake your hand and say, 'Hi, I'm Elvis Presley,' like you'd never heard of him. That's just how he was," according to Joe Esposito who was his best friend and road manager for 17 years. Joe Esposito was in the Chicagoland area to do interviews for a documentary "One Day, Two Legends" about the day the Beatles met Elvis.

The documentary will be released August 27, the day they met, 50 years ago. (OK, here I made a mistake. I originally read it as being 50 years ago, but got to thinking why would Elvis have been interested in meeting the Beatles in 1963, before they got famous?

I misread the article which said they met nearly 50 years ago, which would have put it at the more plausible 1964.) According to Joe, Elvis "was a kind-hearted person who wanted to be good to everyone, and didn't want anyone to think he was somehow special."

I'll be keeping my entries even shorter than usual until I hopefully get all this Blogspot mess cleared up.

Hi, I'm RoadDog. --Cooter

No comments: