Monday, July 2, 2012

Also Going, Going, Almost Gone Already

From the June AARP Bulletin.

These are almost already gone.

Of course, I still have all but one (well, two) of these items (and use them).

ANSWERING MACHINES--  Still using ours.  Great for screening incoming calls.

TUBE TELEVISIONS--  All ours are the old ones.  Waiting for them to start breaking down (the old '83 console still works well other than the volume that goes in and out sometimes).  I've got my eyes set on a 50-inch new one.  But not until the old one breaks.

PHONE BOOKS-- Don't use these a lot. That print is too small for these old eyes.

BANK DEPOSIT SLIPS--  Well, ok, my pension checks are automatically deposited.  Whenever I finish a check book these days, there are lots and lots of deposit slips still left over.

SUBWAY TOKENS--  I haven't seen a subway out here in Spring Grove.  Must be a city thing.

ROLODEXES--  Never had one.  Don't know that many people.  Always getting it confused with Rolex somehow. Don't have one of those either.

PRINTED ENCYCLOPEDIAS--  I still have my set of Funk & Wagnall's, compliments of Jewel grocery store.  Haven't used it in many years.  Love that Wiki, you know.

FILM--  Have a couple cameras using film but don't use them.  I really miss the viewfinder, especially trying to take picturers outside.

INCANDESCENT LIGHT BULBS--  I stocked up and have an ample supply.  Then, they extended them.  Don't like the light given off by the new lights.

I Hate When Things Change.  --Cooter

No comments: