Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Goodbye Andy

ANDY GRIFFITH, 86

Very sad to learn of the death of this beloved person yesterday. 

Growing up, his "Andy Griffith Show" with all those great characters, and of course, Barney, was one of my favorites.  Plus, he was from my home state, North Carolina and even a teacher for a few years at Goldsboro High School, in the town I was born in.  My mom graduated from there just a year before he arrived.

In the past ten years, a favorite stop when I'm going to and from North Carolina is Andy Griffith's home town of Mt. Airy where he was born and lived through high school.  I especially like stopping into Snappy Lunch (which he mentioned on the show) and having one of those fantastic pork chop sandwiches.

I was only too happy to have a second TV Land statue of Andy and Opie placed in Mt. Airy (the first one was in Raleigh).  I only hope that he is buried in Mt. Airy.

We Lost a Great One.

1 comment:

Daddy Bob said...

Andy was buried at his ranch in the NC outer banks. Just
Saw it on the news.