Friday, June 29, 2012

Dead Page: TV and Ginsu

DORIS SINGLETON, 92

Actress who played a neighbor of Lucy and Ricky Ricardo on "I Love Lucy."  She also appaered on "My Three Sons," "All in the Family" and "Hogan's Heroes."  I can't say that I remember her, but,  I did like these shows a lot.


DON GRADY, 68

Played son Robbie on "My Three Sons" from 1960 to 1972, one of TV's longest-running family sitcoms.  he had also been a mouseketeer before that.  Born Don Agrati in 1944.  He belonged to a 60s group called Yellow Balloon which had a #25 Top 40 hit in 1967 with a song called "Yellow Balloon."

I sure liked that "My Three Sons" with that Fred MacMurray smoking that pipe and never getting flustered.  But, especially there was Uncle Charlie.

Quite a coincidence that two people frm the same show would die within a day of each other.


BARRY BECKER, 71

The marketing master-mind and infomercial pioneer for those ginsu knoves that could slice through tin cans and cut wood.  Paved the way for Billy Mays.  This guy drove me nuts.  But wait, if you order now, he'll.... .

DaCoot

No comments: