Monday, May 24, 2010

40th Anniversary of Kent State-- Part 9

Continuing with the scrapbook I kept back in May 1970 when I really thought I was seeing the end of the good 'ol USA.

These are headlines:

Arise now, ye patriots!-- By Mike Royko

House modifies call for college hearings

'Period of meditation' Smith cancels all classes

Attacks in Cambodia 'necessary': Nixon

Two-day moratorium called

Smith sends condolences to Jackson

White students list 3 'action' demands

Firebomb

Supports black demands

Jackson city police testify before panel

ROTC audit encouraged

Blacks react to Jackson

Police arrest 35 at Tuesday confrontation

Back to Normal

Bail-bond

Right On

Northern Illinois University's campus in Dekalb was quite the scene of action in the weeks following the Kent State shootings. I sure wish I had put the newspaper articles in chronological order, but at least I had the foresight to keep a record of it. Like I said, i really though I was witnessing the end of the United States back in those days.

Quite a Time. --DaCoot

No comments: