Thursday, May 6, 2010

40th Anniversary of Kent State-- Part 3: "Dispersion Was Demanded"


These are the headlines from the scrapbook I kept for the month of May 1970, mostly from the student newspaper The Northern Star. I hadn't kept a scrapbook before during my freshman year, but with events unfolding as they were, I felt it was important to start one. One of the early aspects of this obsession of mine where I feel I have to write everything down.

I have the articles as well, but the headlines tell the story well on their own.

The front cover has this written on it: "The Place Went Nuts" The Northern Star reports what went on during the month of May, 1970. Northern Illinois University


HEADLINES

Guard requested

Students take a stand on sit-ins

The issue for tonight's march is...

Last Chance

Campus unrest

Volunteers raise $530 bail

Does 'saving' Vietnam mean destroying it?

An open Letter to NIU

Dispersion was demanded

Clubs to guns; What next?

To Be Continued. --Cooter

No comments: