Friday, May 14, 2010

40th Anniversary of Kent State-- Part 8: "Dorms Remain Calm"


Strangely, the violence that occurred at Northern Illinois started almost two weeks after Kent State. Until I looked at the scrapbook, I was of the opinion it started within a day or so. I guess that happens when you get old as I am approaching my 59th birthday in ten days. I do wish I had included dates in the article and some are not in chronological order.

Some more headlines from the campus newspaper, the Northern Star:

Smith's decision shows courage.

'Politics killed them': Kent killings recounted

Dorms remain calm

Tonight William Kunstler of the "Conspiracy 7" raps and answers your questions

36 arrests follow NIU disturbances

Students leave NIU for home

Pass-fail, drop options prompt quick reactions

Students charge faulty arrests

Tuesday night arrests: 54

ROTC stays

Vote fairness satisfies McDermott, Huntington

Still Not Finished. --Cooter


No comments: