Thursday, March 11, 2010

Here It Is!! 1000th Post

I probably didn't expect to get this many entries on this blog, but here it is, Number 1000.

The first posting was December 14, 2007 and was an introduction to the new blog and the same day, I wrote about Captain Kidd's pirate ship. I had 17 entries that month.


WORLD WAR II

As I said yesterday, this is definitely becoming more of a World War II blog, but I will continue writing about other historical items of my interest.

In the previous 17 posts this month, I have written about these World War II-related topics: WASPs, Iwo Jima, the oldest living Medal of Honor winner (WW II's John Finn), WW II Oscars, Canadian-Japanese Internment Camps, Mini subs at Pearl Harbor, the Centaur memorial service, the kissing nurse, the SS Gairsoppa's silver and World War II planes at Panama City.

Taking a quick look through the labels (which I didn't use at first), I see 4 for D-Day, 8 for the Doolittle Raid, 6 for Iwo Jima, 7 for Liberty Ships, 78 for Pearl Harbor, 8 for the Pacific Theater, 3 for Rosie the Riveter, many ships (mostly WW II), 186 for World War II and 12 other WW II labels.


OTHER POSTS

I have also been following the world's last World War I survivors. In addition, I have done a lot with the recent discoveries of the Australian ships the HMAS Sydney (49 posts) II and AHS Centaur (39 posts).

I have learned a lot of things I didn't know about the war. Most recently that the Canadians had internment camps after Pearl Harbor for people of Japanese descent. I had never heard of them before.

I definitely would like to thank Google for providing the Blogspot so that I am able to do this and my other three blogs. On second thought, maybe I shouldn't be thanking them as this sure takes up a lot of my time, but I do enjoy it.

Will There Be a 2000th? --Cooter

No comments: