Thursday, May 30, 2013

Indy 500 Fast Facts-- Part 2

Some more stuff about the Indy 500 that I didn't know.  Again, answers below.


5.  How much G-Force does the driver feel in the turns?

6.  What year was the first Indy 500 race?  Who won?

7.  What was the fewest number of cars to finish the race?

8.  Who holds the record for leading the most laps?  How many?

9.  What do you and all Indy car drivers have in common?

And, I'm adding this one since most Indy fans I talked to had no idea.

10..  What man is most responsible for there being and Indianapolis Motor Speedway and Indy 500 race?




Answers below:


5.  4 g's


6.  1911, Ray Harroud won, or might have.  There is some question.


7.  seven cars in 1966


8.  Billy Arnold, 198 laps  (Hoping that he won.)


9.  Death


10.. Carl Fisher

By the way, the pavement after the guy gave me the card was completely covered with these cards.


I Flunked the Test.  --DaCoot





No comments: