Monday, September 17, 2012

"Cars 2" a Lemon?

From the June 30, 2011, Chicago Tribune by Russ Britt.

Some considered the "Cars 2" sequel to the 2006 "Cars" as the first clunker in the 25-year history of Pixar Animation Studios.  Critics are giving it failing marks, even as they had for the original one.

So, why was it worth a sequel?  In a word, merchandising. More than 300 toys will come from the new movie and Disney, who owns Pixar, is planning a huge product-push.

I saw "Cars 2" and must admit, it was nowhere near as good as the original.  Kind of contrived and it really lost its emphasis on Route 66 and the loss of a way of life.  And, of course, I am a big old roads fan, especially Route 66.

But, it is always fun to see Tow Mater and what he says.

I'd say a "Cars 3" should be in order, but more of a Radiator Springs thing.

And, I Love My Animated Movies, Especially Those "Ice Age" Ones.  --DaCoot

No comments: