Friday, September 2, 2011

More Drunkonyms

Thanks to Heidi Stevens from an earlier post today, I had to look up Benjamin Franklin's "The Drinker's Dictionary" and I found many more good ones. I'll give you some of them here.

By the way, the Tribune article had a picture of one of the great drinkers of all times, Barney from the Simpsons. And Homer is no slouch on the Buzz Beer either.

Piss'd in the Brook. (Did they use the "P" word back in the 1730s?)
His Head is full of Bees.

He sees the Bears (And believe me, as a Bears fan, sometimes that's the only way you can watch Rex or Jay play.)

Cherry Merry (I really like this one.)
A Cup too Much
Has Dipp'd his Bill

Wet both Eyes
Cock Ey'd (Another good one.)
He's Friskey

Fuddled
Booz'd the Gage
As Dizzy as a Goose

Half and Half
Juicy

And from Poor Richard, "Nothing more like a Fool than a Drunken Man."

Old Ben Had a Good Sense of Humor. --DaCoot

No comments: