Friday, September 16, 2011

Mom's Life-- Part 3

I had a lot of cousins at Grantham--Daddy was one of 11 children. They would come for visits there and at Goldsboro.

My Aunt Julia and Uncle Bush Nash had three sons. They lived near Prince Street, named for my grandfather. We had fun playing, but they moved to different places and I would visit them. Rod, David and Jimmy were around for Christmas, also.


SCHOOL DAYS

My school days were happy ones at Walnut Street School.

Grade and teacher.

Grade 1-- Miss Kornegay
Grade 2-- Miss Freeman
Grade 3-- Miss Cooper


AT WILLIAM STREET SCHOOL

Grade 4-- Miss Faison
Grade 5-- Miss Rudisill (she got married)
Frade 6-- Miss Owen
Grade 7-- Miss Judd and Mrs. Twiford
Grade 8--


GOLDSBORO HIGH SCHOOL

Grade 9-- Miss Eliza Cox (she had taught Daddy)
Grade 10-- Miss Jones-Bidogy
Grade 11-- Miss Janie Ipock (Math 3 years), Clifton Britton (drama)
Grade 12-- Senorita Brooks (Spanish)

C.W. Twiford was principal.

More to Come.

No comments: