Friday, April 16, 2010

Why It takes Me So Long to Do These Blogs

Case in point with the last story. As a two-fingered typist who has to keep looking back and forth between the source and keyboard, this takes time. Plus, I have sloppy handwriting so time is spent trying to figure out what I've written.

Then, I tend to head out into other directions from the story. I looked up the history of Fort Douglas and found there is a historical society involved with preserving it, so time was spent looking at their site. Then, in Wikipedia, I saw that it was used as a camp for German Navy personnel.

Then I learned they were from the SMS Cormoran, a German raider. I have done a lot on the battle between the German raider Kormoran and its battle with the HMAS Sydney and the recent location of the wrecks.

Then, the history of this World War I raider was of great interest as well.

Lots of Time, But i Sure Do Find This Stuff Interesting.-- Cooter

No comments: