Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Live World War I Bomb Found in Britain

I accidentally entered this story in my Down da Road I Go Blog for this date. http://downdaroadigo.blogspot.com.

It was found by a ferry in Langstone Harbor along the English Channel.

I didn't think planes of that time were able to drop three foot long bombs so have to wonder if this was a bomb.

Several years ago, my family took a boat cruise around the island of Great Britain and I guess I should have been paying more attention to the water, but am happy to report we had no deadly encounters.

There's Danger in Those Waters. --Cooter

2 comments:

Capt. Schmoe said...

The Germans had a few big (for the time) bombers, including the Gotha, but I don't remember offhand the operational history of the plane. I do know however that German Zeppelins flew night bombing missions over Britain in WWI, I am sure a 3 ft. long bomb would be no problem for them. 90+ years and they're still finding ordinance, go figure.

RoadDog said...

I didn't think of the zeppelins going on bombing missions. Thanks.