Sunday, December 27, 2020

We Remember People We Lost in 2020-- Part 4: Douglas, Willard, Reddy and Van Halen

KIRK DOUGLAS, 103

One of the last remaining stars of Hollywood's Golden Age.  Known for many movies, but the biggest was "Spartacus."  Died February 5.  "My name is Spartacus!"

FRED WILLARD, 86

Always made us laugh on TV and in the movies.  Some of his TV shows:  "Modern Family," "Everybody Loves Raymond.  Plus "This Is Spinal Tap" in the movies.  I had often seen him, but didn't know his name.

HELEN REDDY, 78

She had a lot of hits, including "Delta Dawn" and "Angie Baby" (one really strange song).  But, by far best known  for her 1972 smash "I Am Woman."  Died September 29.  I wrote about the musicians on this list in more detail in my Down Da Road I Go blog under Music Deaths.

EDDIE VAN HALEN, 65

The lead guitarist of the rock band Van Halen, and, what a guitarist.  Some of their great songs: "Jump," "Panama" and "Hot for Teacher."  Married TV Star Valerie Bertinelli of "One Day At a Time."  Died October 6.



No comments: