Saturday, October 25, 2014

Round Lake Teacher Strike 1994-- Part 9

DAY THREE, OCTOBER 19TH.

"Walked back to Magee and took pictures of the fence and several of the trees which weer in brilliant autumn colors.  Walked the line until 9:30 when I went to the picket captain meeting and while there, Kora came in and said I should go to Ellis to take pictures of the Hispanic kids.

"Liz drove us there and I got good shots of them and the Ellis teachers.  We also went to Indian Hill which is very isolated and they were happy to see us.  We stayed there about twenty minutes and saw only three or four cars go by.

"They took me back to hq and I went back to the Magee line.  Some local pizza places delivered free pizza to the line at one but refused to let us know who was responsible.  That was a very nice thing to do.

"We had a big rally at Hart's Woods and I got it all on tape.  The Ellis teachers performed three songs that were very good thanks to the skills of D.F. and B.E..

Afterwards, we went to Costello's and stayed until 9.

No comments: