Thursday, October 3, 2013

Quaker Contentnea in Wayne County, NC Found


I was born in Goldsboro, North Carolina, and lived there until about age 5, but have been back many times. I've never heard of Contentnea before so did a little research.

FromRootsWeb.com-Quaker Roots-L-Archives.

A Jimmy Peacock from Indiana was writing about the Contentnea MM in Wayne County, North Carolina on June 9, 2000.

Dr. Doug Rader's wife is Lissa Peacock Rader of the Nahunta Peacocks. Is this a family relationship?

He reported that the location of the Contentnea MM and Quaker Cemetery in Wayne County was found this day in a farmer's field.

The farmer had been told by his father that one particular part of the farm had been the site of an old Quaker Cemetery and out of respect, the farmer had never grown crops on the site.

Always Great to Find Lost History.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

I'm interested in finding out who is buried in this cemetery, I have ancestors that are probably there. Can you provide any more information?

Unknown said...

Can you tell me the location of the Quaker cemetery, Would like to see it, as I am planning a trip to NC soon, . I have Quaker relatives who were in the Contentnea MM