Thursday, June 6, 2013

Encyclopedia of North Carolina: One Great Source

Anyone who has been reading my seven blogs this past week may have noticed a whole lot of entries credited to the Encyclopedia of North Carolina, edited by William S. Powell.  This massive 1314 page book covers an amazing amount of interesting information about the state.   Of course, much of it is especially in history, but other areas are covered such as natural resources, industry and agriculture.

For example, I just wrote about the Fortuna Case in my War of 1812 blog.  The next several articles are fossils,Foster's Raid, Foundations Bible College, Four-H Clubs, Four-Minute Men, Fourteenth Amendment, Fox Grape and Fraktur.

A great book in anyone's library, but especially in someone from the state's bookshelf.

Originally, my copy was $60 and then marked down several times to $5.  Copyright is 2006, so I imagine there is a newer edition.

Well Worth a Look.  --Cooter

No comments: