Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Deaths: Dear Abby-- Oscar

PAULINE FRIEDMAN PHILLIPS, 94

Died Jan. 16, 2013.  Better known as Abigail Van Buren, writer of the Dear Abby advice column for decades.  Lots of folks read her column.  I didn't most of the time.  But if I was waiting somewhere and had finished all the articles I wanted to read in the paper, here I come, Abby.

Actually, I first heard about it on Lin Braemer's show on WXRT when he played John Prine's great "Dear Abby" song.  At first, though, I thought John Prine, one of my favorites, had died.


JACK KLUGMAN, 90

Starred in two TV shows I always watched, "The Odd Couple" and "Quincy, M.E.."

I always loved the cops reeling when they saw the body on the table at the beginning of the show.  And, then there was the rumpled Oscar Madison trying to exist with anal-retentive Felix.

Sure enjoyed Jack Klugman.

1 comment:

troutbirder said...

Actually I think many small town have these kind of women but they're basically harmless unless it gossip that they thrive on....