Thursday, December 8, 2011

"What Happened That Day Is Tattooed On Your Soul": Pearl Harbor-- Part 2

"All those who could started picking them [bodies] up as soon as they could. We're going to get in the barges and help them and pick up bodies out in the water.

One of them come up and approached a young man in the water and as he approached him, the young man severely burned and everything, he said , 'Do not touch me.' He said, 'I got to touch you, I got to get you medical help." And, when he reached out to help the boy in, what he grabbed ahold of came right off in his hand just like that boy had been cooked on a stove."

There was a long pause, and Mr. Curre cleared his voice.

"I still have nightmares, never got over the nightmares and with God as my witness, I read the paper this morning. Right now, I can't tell you what I read. I can't remember it. But what happened on that day is tattooed on your soul.

"There is no way I can forget that. I wish to God I could."

Chilling Words.

No comments: