Thursday, August 6, 2009

Other Events of 1969-- Part 4

Continuing with 1969 events and how they stacked up against the Moon Landing in accordance to me.


"THE BRADY BUNCH" PREMIERS-- > I hate to admit this, but I had a crush on Marsha, plus, I only watched the Moon Landing once, this, many times. Hanging my head with shame.

BEATLES RELEASE "ABBEY ROAD" > What can I say, MUSIC again, even though I definitely liked the pre "Rubber Soul" Beatles better.

METS WIN THE WORLD SERIES-- = This would have been a >, but after the Sox collapse in 1967, I wasn't following baseball as closely. Otherwise, the Cubs '69 collapse would have been traumatic. I probably wouldn't have watched the World Series anyway. Who did they beat?

ARPANET DEBUTS-- > Until 2000, it would have been <, but that is when we got computers at school. After all, I'm the guy who does four blogs. Love that internet. What a great way to do research and keep up on items of interest. I have about twenty alerts.

WAL-MART INCORPORATED-- > Love my Wal-Mart. Probably stop at one later today in McHenry. Who'd have figured they would have beaten out K-Mart?

"SESAME STREET" PREMIERS-- < Very rarely have watched this, but did like the Muppets.

Thanks Tribune and Ron for getting me to thinking.

What's Your Take On These Events? --Da Coot

No comments: