Thursday, August 6, 2009

Other Events of 1969-- Part 3

Earlier this month, I wrote down the 12 other things of note that happened in the year 1969 and Tribune reporter Rob Manker's observations as to whether it affected him more, less, or equal to the moonlanding.

Here are my thoughts on the subject. > more, < less, = equal

ALBUM "LED ZEPPELIN" RELEASED-- > Even though I didn't really hear this one, I sure heard the second album by them, and music was already a big part of my life.

RICHARD NIXON SWORN IN-- > At least he got us out of Vietnam, regardless of what you think of him. Since I had a draft lottery number of 22, I was going once I got out of college. I graduated in May 1973 and we were just out of the mess.

BOEING 747 TAKES FLIGHT-- < I might have flown on one once, but don't remember. Until recently, however, I flew a lot.



PONTIAC TRANS AM DEBUTS-- > Definitely more. Even though I have never had a Trans Am. I did have a '67 Firebird convertible and still have an '85 Firebird. I am a 'Bird fan, big time. Disappointed that GM didn't bring back the Firebird as well as the Camaro. Plus, you had to love that "Smokey and the Bandit" movie.

WOODSTOCK-- > Definitely as well. Music was, and still is a big part of my life.

FIRST ATM-- < To this date, I have never, ever used one of these. I wouldn't have any idea. I always take out as much as I need when I go to the bank.

More to Come. --Old Coot

No comments: