Thursday, January 1, 2009

Second Full Year of Blog

Happy, Happy, and Welcome to the second full year of this blog. This being the 407th posting.

The first entry was Dec. 14, 2007, and about the new blog. I also wrote about Captain Kidd's ship being found. Four days later was the third post about a Christmas postcard that took from 1914 to 2007 to get to its destination. Last year, I had 389 posts.

I originally was posting on my Down Da Road blog, but as more and more were of the history nature, I decided to start a separate one devoted to it. I was surprised to find this blog heading more and more toward World War II. I'd guess that about 80-85% of the posts are about that war.

I have been doing a lot on the coverage of the finding of the wreck of the HMAS Sydney. I'd guess I did more on this event than any other site in the US. Truly a fascinating story and one that continues. So far, I've had 30 posts and I'm sure there will more to come. Plus, now, Australia is looking for the wreck of the hospital ship Centaur that was torpedoed by a Japanese submarine.

Other blogs:

http://downdaroadigo.blogspot.com mostly about me
http://sawtheelephant.blogspot.com about the Civil War
http://roaddogsroadlog.blogspot about old roads like Route 66 and Lincoln Highway

Spendin' WAY TOO MUCH Time on These Here Blogs. --Cooter

1 comment:

Bob T said...

Thanks for your interest in finding HMAS Sydney. You have spread the word about this fine ship and her brave men. Please have a look at our new website www.sydneymemorial.com as it allows all everywhere to share in the human face of this tragedy.
Happy New Year from Bob Trotter, Director Finding Sydney Foundation.