Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Took a Trip Out to NIU Yesterday

One of the events that will go down in history in these days of horrible shootings on college and high school campuses will be the Valentine's Day tragedy at Northern Illinois where five students were killed by a deranged former student.

I'd always wanted NIU to get in the news, but definitely not for this reason.

Anyway, yesterday, Liz and I drove out to Dekalb to visit the scene of sorrow.

I made three entries on another blog. You can view it for today's date at

http://downdaroadigo.blogspot.com

I am hoping Cole Hall, where the killings took place, will continue to be used for eduaction, but part of it turned into a memorial. I'm hoping they keep the crosses, message boards, some of the seats and shattered doors.

No comments: