Saturday, February 9, 2008

Dead Page-- Oh, Bob and Daydream Believer-- Suzanne Pleshette--John Stewart

Suzanne Pleshette 1937-2008

A star of one of my favorite-ever TV shows, The Bob Newhart Show died January 19th. She played the wife Emily for the six year-run and was thw voice of reason among the insanity. Who could ever forget the final episode of the Newhart show when Bob woke up saying he'd had the strangest dream about his running an Vermont Inn.

I did not know she had married George Posten who had roles on both shows.

John Stewart, 68

He was a member of the Kingston Trio before leaving for a career of songwriting and recording. He is best-known for writing my wife's favorite all-time song, "Daydream Believer" by te Monkees. His music was always hard to classify, falling amid country, folk, and rock.

He had 48 solo albums, none that I've ever heard of.

However, I found out from my Route 66 contacts that the last several years, he had one album very much influenced by the Mother Road.

No comments: