Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Ranking the Best-Ever Chicago Bears-- Part 1: The "Refrigerator"


The Chicago Tribune has been running this series all summer long, one player a day with a half page on each with information and a picture.

I am taking this list from the August 9, 2019, edition "#28 George Trafton."

He is one of the first Bears from 1920-1921 and quite an interesting character whom I will write about in the future because of the real early NFL.

Anyway, here is the list of Bear players.  *  means I have heard of them.  These include present-day players as well.  **  On that great '85 Super Bowl XX team

100.  Patrick Mannelly

99.  William Perry** The "Refrigerator" and one of my all-time favorites.  I mean, you just had to love the "Fridge."

98.  Tom Thayer**

97.  Hugh Gallarneau

96.  Joey Sternamam

95.  Akiem Hicks*

94.  Gary Famiglietti

93.  Ed Brown

92.  Matt Suhey*

91.  Bill Karr

Da Bears.  --CootBear

No comments: