Monday, November 20, 2017

Mt. Olive Pickles and Me


I have a bit of a history with the Mt. Olive Pickle Company.  My father was born in Mt. Olive, North Carolina and growing up I spent a lot of time with his parents who still lived there.  You might say I am a Mt. Olive fan.  And, the pickle company is really big in that town.

One time, my dad and my cousin Graham,who at the time lived in Warsaw, N.C., in the same county as Cates Pickle Co.got into an argument over whether Cates (made in Faison) or Mt. Olive had the better pickles.  They did a bling Pickle taste test and Mt. Olive won.

Mom bought Mt. Olive Pickle stock and now that she has passed on, my brother, sister and I have inherited that stock, so I am a part owner of the company.

Every New Years Eve, Mt. Olive Pickle Co. and the town put on a Pickle Drop (but earlier than midnight).

Several years back I was really surprised to start seeing Mt. Olive Pickles being sold here in the MidWest (and it still is).  Before that it was just a regional company.  Great to see Mt. olive pickles being sold in our local Jewel grocery stores.

And, I Really Like Their Pickles.  --Cooter

No comments: