Friday, November 3, 2017

A Timeline of Horror Movies-- Part 4: Jaws, Carrie and Halloween


1975--  "JAWS"--  The theme song alone brought terror to many a swimmer.  I haven't been into the ocean over my knees since then.

Steven Spielberg's hit, chronicling the efforts to survive attacks from and capture or destroy a huge great white shark terrorizing beachgoers, is often credited as the first blockbuster film.  And that, "We're going to need a bigger boat," is one of the best lines ever spoken in a movie.

1976--  "CARRIE"--  The first film adaption of a Stephen King novel featured Sissy Spacek as Carrie White, a telekinetic high school girl who is bullied at school and abused at home -- until she went overboard.  The film was nominated for two Academy Awards.

Careful who you mess with, and whatever you do-- no blood buckets.

1978--  "HALLOWEEN"--  John Carpenter's Michael Myers is an empty, evil vessel bent  on killing anyone in his family -- and, for that matter, anyone who tries to stop him from doing that.  Another reason why teen's should not have sex as Mikey will get them.

I made the mistake of first seeing this with friends of ours, and the wife was sitting next to me and the first time Michael popped out, she really let me have it on my leg.  I asked my wife to change seats.

--CootScream

No comments: