Monday, December 5, 2016

Deaths: Cuba's Leader For a Real Long Time, Fidel Castro

Age 90.  "No other Third World leader prompted so much U.S. hostility for so long.  Castro brought the planet to the brink of nuclear war in 1962 and endured a crippling U.S. embargo and outlasted ten U.S. presidents."

Died Friday, November 25, 2016.

You almost had to admire the man to do that.  But, was I ever scared when at age 11, I thought my life was about to end.  I'll never forget that Cuban Missile Crisis.  I am glad we have finally reopened trade and relations with Cuba.  I've always believed that he wouldn't have turned to Communism had the U.S. not so opposed him back when he came to power.  And, that was primarily because of his nationalizing U.S. interests in the country.

Like Him or Not, he Was a Force to Be Reckoned With.

No comments: