Friday, September 16, 2016

White Sox in New York City on 9-11-- Part 1: Arrived in Wee Hours of the Morning

From the September 7, 2016, White Sox.com  "White Sox recall road trip to New York 9/11" by Scott Merkin, MLB.com.

Ken Williams, the White Sox general manager, was with the Sox that day: "I can still smell the burning buildings.  If I close my eyes, i can still see the people jumping out of the World Trade Center that you saw more on local television than you did on national television.  I can still feel the emotions of that day."

The White Sox had arrived in New York City early that Tuesday morning after completing a four-game series against Cleveland the night before.

They were staying at the Grand Central Hyatt.

I Had Forgotten That My Sox Were In Town To Play the Yankees That Day.

No comments: