Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Fiftieth Anniversary of Star Trek-- Part 3: The Nostalgic Factor and Quirky Cast

Continuing with William Shatner's look back at the TV series that made him famous.

NOSTALGIA FACTOR

Another reason I believe we love "Star Trek -- and it's a reason I love -- is people come up to me and say, "I watched your show with my parents."  There is a wonderful element of nostalgia attached to it.

THE QUIRKY CAST OF CHARACTERS

Of course, we also love the unusual mix and dynamic of the Enterprise's characters and crew:  Kirk, Spock, Bones, Scotty, Uhuru, Sulu, Chekov.

The captain was written as a hero dealing with people or a situation and coming out on top.

It was heroic writing, leading-man writing.  I was delighted to be given the opportunity as the captain to be in some situations where the character had to deal with unusual things and had unusual cast members who were his friends to aid him.

I'm a "Star Trek" Fan.  --CootTrek

No comments: