Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Letter From My Great Uncle David Prince in World War I Camp-- Part 2

I haven't forgotten that watch case yet, as you just keep on waiting _?___ if nothing happens you should have it.

Now if I get killed in France I want you to have the "Liberty Bonds" which I have bought.  It will come to $200.00.  I also will my other money which I will get in case I get killed, but don't think I will, for I will surely come back all safe-- and sound.

I want to see you finish High School and then go to College and finish.  If I had gone to school and studied I would be an officer instead of an enlisted man.

What do you want me to give you for a Christmas present?  How is that little "Grantham man" getting along?

Tell Gertrude and Annie Mae, I said write to me sometimes, and be sure that you write me real soon.

Give this note to Papa.

With lots of love to you all, your brother, David.


No comments: