Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Honorable Discharge of William G. Hood-- Part 1

My brother found this in some old files in the attic above the garage of my grandparents on my mother's side a few months ago and this is my first chance to get a look at them.

This is the Honorable Discharge of my grandfather from the U.S. Army at the end of World War I.

HONORABLE DISCHARGE FROM THE UNITED STATES ARMY

TO ALL WHOM IT MAY CONCERN:

This Is To certify That William G. Hood #1897589, Private Co. "F" 1st Prov. Deo. Regiment

THE UNITED STATES ARMY, as a Testimonial of Honest and Faithful Service, is hereby Honorably Discharged from the military service of the United States by reason of telegram wsAGO. Nov. 15, 1918.  Expiration of term of service per.


I am not sure about Deo in his regiment or wsAGO.  These were hard to read.



No comments: