Monday, January 26, 2015

Out of the Mouth of Ernie Banks

I just listened to Lin Braemer's "Lin's Bin" which today was on Ernie Banks.  I sure teared up.  Lin, one of the biggest Cubs fans ever, said he had a hard time putting it together and it still got to him this morning.  It will repeat again in the 6 p.m. CST hour on WXRT which streams.

Anyway, Ernie Banks was famous for his quotes and I especially liked his annual predictions, and, of course, "Let's play two!"

Here are some quotes:

"It's a great day for a ball game; let's play two!"

"The Cubs are due in '62."

"The Cubs are gonna shine in '69."

"The only way to prove you're a good sport is to lose."

"The virtues of the game are in the thrills, not the money."

"Work? I never worked a day in my life.  I always loved what I was doing, had a passion for it."

We'll Miss Him.

No comments: