Friday, November 9, 2012

"The Princess Bride" Cast Reunites

I had never heard of it until 2005, when I was sharing my classroom for one period with another teacher.  I just stayed in it while she taught her class.  She showed the movie and I started watching it and got hooked.  I think I enjoyed it even more than her kids.  As a matter of fact, I just bought a DVD of it in one of those $5 Wal Mart bins.

Surprisingly, the kid Peter Falk was reading the story to, Fred Savage, of "The Wonder Years" fame was not there.

I always though the addled, speech-challenged clergyman who officiated the wedding ceremony was one of the members of Monty Python, but it was Peter Cook.

Some more great quotes:

Count Ruger, the six-fingered--  "Stop saying that!"

Fezzik,  "You've been mostly dead all day."

Valerie to Miracle Max, "I'm not a witch, I'm your wife."

Yellun:  "I have no gate key."
Inigo, "Fezzik, tear his arms off!"
Yellum, "Oh, you mean this gate key."

No Doubt, This Was One Funny Movie.  --Cooter

No comments: