Monday, January 30, 2012

What's in a Name? Must Be a Chicago-Suburb Thing

Yesterday, listening to Bob Stroud play the full three hours of his Rock and Roll Roots Show with just music playing on the radio (that would be WLS and WCFL, both AM stations) and in our record collections, he kept referring to the storm as "The Great Snowstorm of '67."

I always called it the "Blizzard of '67." Liz said that in Chicago, where she was living when it happened, they called it "The Great Snowstorm of '67." Since my brother Bob and I were living in Palatine, a suburb of Chicago, it might have been a suburb-Chicago thing.

Bob Stroud played fifty songs in the three hours of his show yesterday. You have to love those three-minute and under songs. I'll be posting some of the set list and Stroud's comments and mine on my Down Da Road I Go Blog today.

Liz and I had a nice conversation about the Blizzard or Snowstorm. I'm sure we got off school on the Friday, but think we might have been back at school as early as Monday or Tuesday the next week. Liz said her school, Madonna High School in Chicago, was closed the entire next week.

I Hate Snow for the Most Part. Makes You Wonder Why I Continue to Live Here in the Midwest. --RoadDog

No comments: