Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Saw a Great Movie Monday-- "War Horse"

I had wanted to see this one when it first came out on Christmas Day, but figured there would be too many people with the same idea. And especially bad because for some reason so many people were off work. Doesn't anyone ever have to work anymore?

All the previews had this being right up the line for me to like it. War, adventure, animals. That's the ticket.

People stayed off work until after Jan. 1st, so didn't go. I like a mostly empty theater the best when I'm seeing a movie. Lots of seat choices and no battle for the armrest.

Then, we left on vacation on the 4th and I'm not sitting in a theater when the weather is not below freezing.

Got back home Sunday and it was already gone at the Fox Lake Theatre where I see most of my movies. It only showed at 10 PM in Round Lake Beach, too late for me.

But, the McHenry Indoor Theater had it on at 7 PM. This is one of those movies that need to be seen on the big screen.

So, after seeing another great war movie, "Red Tails" in the afternoon, it was on to McHenry.

If a Horse Could Talk. --Cooter

Well Worth the Effort. --Cooter

No comments: