Tuesday, May 24, 2011

On My 60th Birthday

Number One Songs on May 24th by the decade:

2011 ROLLING IN THE DEEP-- Adele when I turned 60. Does that make me old?
2001 ALL FOR YOU-- Janet when I was fifty.
1991 I DON'T WANNA CRY-- Mariah Carey when I was forty.
1981 BETTE DAVIS EYES-- Kim Carnes when I was thirty.
1971 BROWN SUGAR-- Rolling Stones when I was twenty.
1961 TRAVELIN' MAN-- Ricky Nelson when I was ten.
1951 HOW HIGH THE MOON-- Les Paul and Mary Ford when I was Day 1.

Other birthdays today (that I at least know who they are):

Gary Burghoff (Radar on MASH) is 68.
Bob Dylan is 70.
Tommy Chong (Cheech and Chong) is 73.


Some Events May 24th:

1883-- After years of construction, the Brooklyn Bridge, connecting Manhattan and Brooklyn over the East River, opened to traffic.

1935-- The first Major League baseball game at night. FDR throws the switch. It was Phillies vs, the Reds at Crosley Field.

1951-- My Birthday-- Racial segregation at Washington, DC, restaurants ruled illegal.

Sixty Years Old. Don't feel a Day Over 59. --Cooter

No comments: