Thursday, May 26, 2011

Good News About That Alamo Cannonball!!

I realize Dec. 2008, is a bit old, but I'm trying to catch up on articles I've written about in my notebooks.

Since it was almost three years ago, I did some further research and after awhile found that the cannonball had been returned.

From the Dec, 30, 2008, KSAT TV.

The cannonball was found at O.P. Schnabel Park on the city's northwest side, by Nicos Esquivel, who was biking on the park's trails.

He saw an open bag, "I kicked it and it felt heavy. I looked at it and opened it up and thought it was a bowling ball at first, but then some walkers came up and said, 'That's a cannonball.'"

The cannonball had been missing from the Fairmount Hotel in San Antonio since December 22nd and a $5,000 reward had been offered. So I imagine Mr. Esquivel is a bit richer.

The cannonball had been certified as authentic from the Battle of the Alamo by the Institute of Texas Cultures.

Congratulations and Thanks. --DaCoot

No comments: